Skip to content

Family Mental Health

Please contact the Study Abroad Coordinator or Dean of International Education, if, after reading the stages of adjustment, you have concerns about your student:

  • Notice a student cries easily or seems sad a lot
  • Observe significant changes in a student's behavior (e.g. stops going to class or quits participating in activities)
  • Feel that your student seems more dependent than before
  • Feel ill-equipped to handle the emotions of your distressed student
  • Feel awkward or helpless when your student confides in you about their problems
  • Are concerned that your student could potentially harm him/herself or others 

We can connect you with our counseling center. Our student travel insurance company, CISI, can assist in finding treatment in your student's host country.

The Study Abroad Coordinator can be reached at 814-641-3182 during the work day.
The Dean of International Education can be reached at 814-641-3184 during the work day.

If this is an emergency, please call Public Safety at 814-641-3636. They will connect you with the Dean on Duty.