What should you think about before and after your return?Career Services: How to include study abroad on your resume - Career services Study Abroad Marketing Skills.doc
Enroll in Language in Motion. Visit local schools to tell students what it's like in another country or language. It's more important than 1 credit makes it seem.
Contact Residential Life so that they know when you'll be on campus
Peer Advisor - help us help the next generation of students going abroad - Study Abroad Peer Advisor Application.docx
Opportunities for students returning from GermanyDAAD Young Ambassadors:
- The DAAD Young Ambassadors Program is a unique and exciting two-semester volunteer opportunity for undergraduate students to promote study and research abroad in Germany at their home universities and colleges.
- All 2016-17 Young Ambassadors were invited to New York City to participate in a four-day seminar addressing intercultural communications, presentation skills and marketing
- While the DAAD Young Ambassadors Program is a volunteer opportunity, all event reports are included in a raffle drawing at the end of the academic year; prizes ranging from $20 to $200 awarded in recognition of the volunteer’s time and commitment.
- The Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals (CBYX) is a fellowship funded by the German Bundestag and U.S. Congress, that annually provides 75 American and 75 German Young Professionals the opportunity to spend one year in each others' countries, studying, interning, and living with hosts on a cultural immersion program. The program is open to candidates in all career fields who are interested in a year of cultural exchange.
After you graduate JuniataFunding for a future that involves an international focus:
- http://www.juniata.edu/academics/fellowships/opportunities.php Go down to the area for seniors. We suggest Fulbright, Gates, Samuel Huntingdon, Marshall, Mitchell, Rhodes. Do our students get these fellowships? Yes. 3 Fulbrights in 2016-17 and 3 Fulbrights in 2015-16. Read about them at http://www.juniata.edu/academics/departments/international/intercultural-outcomes.php
Teaching English in another country:
- Talk with Mrs. Trista Rappert-McGetrick, Senior ESL Instructor for advice how to do this
Master's degree at your international partner:
- Talk to your host institution about what it would take to complete a Master's degree. It might be less time than you think.